UPDATE: Yes, that was our April Fool’s joke. So you have to, can and can not take any of what is written here, even in a rudimentary way. Although it would definitely have been a very cool Battlefield.
Anyone who has thought that DICE will concentrate fully on Battlefield 1 for the next few years may have been wrong: A leak directly from the official website reveals an add-on that was set up during World War II. The most important things to know: The release is in September, four factions and twelve battlefields should inspire fans and the developers promise not only beautiful graphics, but also more destruction, better teamplay, battleships and retractable aircraft carriers, many content to Motivation and atomic bombs, which should change the map completely. We can feel the hype …
- Addon : Battlefield II is not a completely new series part, but an addon for Battlefield 1. Whether you can strike Standalone is unknown.
- Numbers : 64 players, 12 maps, four factions, more than 40 weapons, 23 vehicles and 50 new ranks should be available.
- Sea battles : Sea battles are called in two places. In addition to the sinking of a whole fleet is described that one could watch an aircraft carrier while sinking. Also a submarine is called as a vehicle.
- Four factions : Officially, four factions have been confirmed. Anyone looking at the locations described can assume that, in addition to Germany, the US, Russia and Japan are also allowed to intervene in the fighting.
- More destruction : There should be more destruction and detail than ever before.
- Nuclear war : There should be a way to drop an atomic bomb. It seems that a new and mission-based system is being used. Exciting: The match should not be over after the atomic bomb explosion, but continue on a completely devastated map.
- Missions : Through missions the team play should be improved. The developers call vehicles, air strikes and the atomic bomb as rewards for good team play. Details about the tasks are still missing.
- Day and night change : There should be a day and night change.
- Battlefields : In addition to Iwo Jima, the landing of the Aillierten in Normandy, the storming of Berlin and an unspecified map on the eastern front are called.
- Price and Date : The Relase is on September 8 for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. For the expansion 35 euros are due “if you own Battlefield 1.” What that means for players without Battlefield 1, you can currently only speculate.
Of course, at the end we have to warn someone – a leak is still a leak. However, since we ourselves were on the website thanks to the tip of a well-known Youtubers – the link leads back to nowhere … – and have made the screenshots, we are very sure that this is not a fake. We’re curious to see exactly when DICE will reveal Battlefield II and when it’ll see the first gameplay …